Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not Feelin' It

Guess what I saw this afternoon?!

...SUN! Couldn't believe it. No picture documentation, but we saw some good old fashioned sunshine for a good 15 minutes :) Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, though, so hopefully the weatherman isn't lying. I'll take sun or a snowstorm, just NO MORE RAIN!

Anyways, class got out a litttle bit early, but not really enough to make a difference in dinner plans. I stuck with falafel:

And the leftover sweet potatoes! To be honest, I'm glad I had so many leftover...not really feeling the falafel wrap tonight and ended up focusing most of my attention on the taters :( Not sure what it was, really...but I forgot to put tomato in the wrap and I think that kinda ruined it for me, as lame as it sounds. Or maybe I just prefer my falafel with real tzatziki in a pita with spinach, or in a salad. I dunno. I don't think it was the falafel itself though; when I ate it plain I liked it even though this time the recipe was slightly different.
Oh, well! Not the end of the world I guess, haha.
And c'mon. If I kept saying "oh my god this was good!" on here, you guys are bound to start thinking I'm just cheesin' it for the blog!

It's been a while since I've done a fun Flick'r feature!
When I just post once a day I feel like I'm talking so much that no one wants to hear any more by the end of it, haha. But I need to get back to shooting a bunch, and was browsing for some inspiration when I found artofdreaming's photostream. Um, look at these amazing black and white shots!

Sorry for the link-age. I know it's a pain, but I can't figure out how to post it. and I think if someone wanted to get real picky, that could be viewed as copywright infringement.

Well, I'm off to watch NCIS with the fam. What sort of TV shows do you like to keep up with? Any "Family traditions"?

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently obsessed with Mad Men!

    When I was little every Saturday we watched this spanish show on Univision called Sabado Gigante, it's like a variety/late night type show with skits and guests and stuff. I used to love it! I still watch it with my parents when I go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing! What kinda camera/lens do you use? I gotta take a photo class. I have a D5000 Nikon, and need to learn it's and my capabilities!
    We watch Seinfeld, I think that is the main one. Oh, and the odd Law and Order repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    For most of my "real" projects/assignments, I use a Nikon D90, but for most of the food photos on here, I've been using my old camera - a Nikon D40. The kitchen is too dangerous for my D90, haha. It's still a great little camera, especially with a good lens - I've been using a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.

    The D5000 is a great camera! We've got one at the lab we work in, and I almost bought that before the D90 presented itself to me. You'll definitely have fun playing with it! It's a good camera to learn and grow with.

    ReplyDelete