Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grocery Shopping: The NEW Time-Killer

Day off. What do I do?
...go grocery shopping. For some reason, if I get bored, I'll just go to Price Chopper. I'm lucky enough to have one 5 minutes away, even though I do live in the middle of nowhere! It's no Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, though :(
Among that, of course, I've been messing around on my Flickr and Etsy all morning. Other than that, I've done laundry and that's about all. hah!
What are your favorite boredom-breakers??
I woke up ravenous this morning! I think it had a lot to do with that fact that I slept til 8:30. That is super late for me. I'm usually up by 7 even if I'm not working. I enjoy it! I stayed up much later than usual though, playing on Flickr. These challenge games are addictive!
Made myself my new fave:

Shocker! Brown Cow Greek Yogurt, Blueberries, half a large banana, Kashi H2H, raisins (these really made it complete, I think!), maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Oh, and half a spelt scone! It's hiding. 
Coffee this morn=Gloria Jean's Cappuccino. Not my fave, but not terrible. I save the "mediocre" flavors for days I don't have work.

Enjoyed while surfing Etsy! P.S. - check out my shop! please?
Insert random kitchen cleaning, laundry-doing, face-powdering, and grazing here, until I decided to steal Henry's jeep and run to el banko and aforementioned grocery store. Grazing = remainder of the banana and a Kashi TLC Pumpkin Pie granola bar. I can't decide if I love these bars, or if they have too much of the sweet coating "stuff" on top. But I think I'm leaning toward love.
Currently grazing on:

sugar snap peas con garlic, chili powder, and salt and a blood orange.
I was really excited to try my first blood orange but was a little let down :( They're not bad, but for some reason I was thinking they'd be like n out-of-this-world orange or something. Not really :\
I've got some "overnight oats" (that I prepared this morning, hah) waiting jusssst a little bit longer for me in the fridge. Gonna be grrrrr-ate. heh...
A random photo of the morning:

Taken October 2009 with my Nikon N90s and Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens on Ektar 100 film.
Catch ya lata, kids. I'm cookin' dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment